Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hello Holidays

Here are some photos from our Thanksgiving travels this year. Mason went on his first airplane ride (actually 6 since there were quite a few connections) on our cross country trip first to Texas, then to Indiana. He was unbelievably amazing, like always. Here he is with his 6 month old cousin Logan. Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that, for a while, I didn't really want to be a part of given its violent historic roots. Thanksgiving dinners at La Puente Home (the organization I work for) changed that for me. It became my job to coordinate a huge meal and celebration for 200 plus people at the local homeless shelter, and though a lot of hard work, the day became one of love, celebration, and yes, giving thanks. While I still refuse to celebrate some of the traditional historic events surrounding the holiday, I've found a way to make the day my own. I love the gathering of family and friends, the wonderful homemade food, and the opportunity (if you take it), to truly reflect on the year and to give thanks. That being said...here are some photos from our family Thanksgiving get together this year.
Great Grandma Granny Jane with her three new great grandsons.
Three new babies, Mason, Logan and Aidan...all born this year!
Three new babies, Mason, Logan and Aidan...all born this year!
Mason pulling cousin Stacia's hair. Mason and cousin Kylie!
Mason in the cockpit on his first airplane ride!
Mason and Aaron in the cockpit.
Yum...bunnies!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home