Friday, August 24, 2007

New blog



One year ago I probably couldn't have told you what a "blog" was, and now here I am, writing my first post on my new blog. Why am I doing this? Well, it's Saturday morning and I'm enjoying a cup of fair-trade coffee before I go to the farmers market and begin a busy, much anticipated day of canning, freezing and drying produce from my garden and local farms. Yes, I just finished Barbara Kingsolver's "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" (see link below), and if I wasn't inspired before to produce, preserve, and prepare my own food, I am completely inspired now. I'm inspired to live my daily life in a way that's more sustainable for myself, my community, future generations, and Mother Earth Herself. And I know that I'm not the only one. I think knowing that we're all in this together can be comforting, especially when making choices that may at first seem like a huge inconvenience (cooking on a wood cook stove) or a huge sacrifice (foregoing that banana from South America and all of the fossil fuels it took to get it to me). So that is why I'm creating this blog. I want to share my experiences, successes, failures (which are really just prep work for future successes), at everything from home medicine-making to raising dairy goats, with my family, friends, and anyone else who is interested. So please check in often and leave comments if you wish...thanks for reading this!

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

What a cool idea! I heard you talking about blogs at the party last night, but I didn't realize you'd started one. You're always full of neat ideas!

8/25/2007 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks Andrew!

8/25/2007 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In the year 2007, the hippies took to the Internets.

8/29/2007 06:43:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

In the year 2007, hippies took to the Internets.

8/29/2007 06:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home